Friday, June 10, 2011

Now and then

I have been on and off on Blogger for quite some time. And each time I'm back writing I can't help the tendency to delete all the previous posts. I hope this time my intention to keep this blog alive will work out, regardless if this is even read! So to start off with, I'm going to share of what I've been up to since leaving high school for approximately 6 months already.

As soon as SPM was over in mid-November last year, I thought I could keep myself occupied with.. *excites!* super-exciting-things-I've-been-wanting-to-do-if-I-have-all-the-time-in-the-world. Wait, that was robotic mode speaking so yeah, you get what I meant. First few weeks off-school was pretty fine but went on worst cause I was already dying of the repetitions of my daily routines. Give me a break.

Mid January I signed up for a job at Beverly Hotel, KK through my aunt who is the Front Office Manager there. I did the clerking duties - picking up phone calls, arranging files etc etc etc.. This almost killed me too cause the job was not challenging any part of me at all. Few months passed I managed to do little bits of the Receptionist's job, which is to entertain guest at the Front Desk and it became pretty exciting then. The job paid decent wage but I love the people and affection back there. I quit mid May.

Towards the end of May, I was asked to partner with Adam again to host the KDCA-ISCEP Fundraising Concert 2011 in conjunction with the Harvest Festival (Kaamatan as the Sabahans call it) and also to raise funds to subsidise the fees for the Students Exchange Program to South Korea. It was a privilege and I am happy to have done it again this year as this was my actual interest, hosting events. The most valuable lesson I learned was of course I gained maturity in handling uncertain circumstances such as my partner's mic wasn't functioning when we were supposed to do the welcoming greetings together and I had to do it solely. For a moment was so upset, could have been grand-er but as told, the show must always go on.

Now it's June already, yes how time flies sweethearts. I am currently counting the days to enter the Teaching Institute, Gaya Campus on the 20th of June. I am taking the course Teaching English as a Second Language ( TESL ) for primary school education. Yes to tell you the truth, this wasn't my lifetime ambition, used to when i was a little kid but through the past years, everything kept on changing including not getting to decide what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. The process wasn't easy, the after SPM process especially was a hectic one, dealing with submitting applications, attending interviews to get qualified or not, your own surroundings convincing what and what you should do - Mister Mind or Mister Heart will be more powerful this time?

Teaching, Law or Mass Communication? All with their pros and cons. Neither the heart nor the mind was more powerful, they had to be equal and that was what I totally did to yours truly and guess what, I am a future "Teacher Jane" and more than happy to know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?